Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
There are many things you can do when you go on holiday. Open this link and do this listening activity.
Now why don't you tell visitors to this blog what you would advise them to do in Rosario?
Click on ' comment' and write your recommendations.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Don't do only the listening quiz. Do the vocabulary exercises as well.
If you have problems with some of the questions, listen and read the script at the same time and click on the button 'explanation of answers' to see why some of your answers might have been wrong (this last button is available for some ot the quizzes only)
SIGHTSEEING AROUND TOWN
Now do these exercises that deal with different kinds of stories.
UFO- A STORY TO REMEMBER
THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS - HOLIDAY TRADITIONS
Remember you can look up the words you don't know in the online dictionary available in the blog.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Last Saturday you went on a blind date. Write a letter to your friend telling him/her:
- what he/she looked like
- what you did together
- what your first impression was
- why you changed your mind after a few hours
(If you don't know the meaning of 'blind date' or 'change your mind', type the words in the dictionary box on your right and click on search.)
For ideas and vocabulary for this task have a look at the activities in File 1B (reading, listening transcript, communication activities)
Write between 80 and 100 words.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Now why don't you tell us how you keep fit.
- Do you do any sports? Do you go to the gym? How often?
- How about your diet? Do you eat healthy food? junk food?(If you don't know the meaning of junk, type it in the dictionary box on your right and click on search).
- How much sleep do you get every day
Click on comments and write your answer to these questions. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.
How can you keep in contact with English during this time?
Well, there are many things you can do:
- Do the exercises in the workbook and correct them with the key.
- Work with the CD Rom. It's very, very good.
- Visit the book's website.
There are lots of interactive exercises and games for each file. You can practise grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, practical English, etc.
- You can redo the exercises we have already done.
- And last but not least, you can do the activities I'm publishing in this blog and leave comments as well.
Hope you can profit from this all.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
- Do you find it difficult to understand numbers in a listening test? Let’s do some practice.
- Now let’s practise the time.
- Now you are going to listen to some people making plans for the evening. Read the questions carefully, listen to it twice, choose your answers (while you’re listening and write them down on a piece of paper) and then click on the arrows to check your answers.
- Adjectives describing character
- the weather
- Do you remember the difference between ing and ed adjectives? Try these exercises. (Before doing the exercises, please read the rubrics carefully)
- Now let’s see how well you remember the difference between will and going to.
Do the following exercises.
Hope you are all fine and have not gone done with flu or caught any other nasty bugs which seem to be running wild around us.
I have decided to start a blog so that everything is in the same place since I haven't been able to contact some people yet.
I will include what I sent in the first mail and then add some more material. The homework will have to be sent to me as an attachment in a word doc to my mail.
Let’s begin with the homework you haven’t handed in yet:
- photocopy Module 3D – Tense revision
- photocopy Quicktest Module 3
- Letter page 37 in your book. Read the rubric in the box and write the letter.
- Vocabulary exercises on page 38 (a, b and c)
- Reading on page 39
Ex a: Write four sentences beginning like this:
I think it will be a good thing that people ..............
I don’t think it will be a good thing that ...........................
Ex b: True/False/Doesn’t say
NB: (this means pay attention to this: if you don’t understand the meaning of househusband, remember what housewife means. Understand it now?)
- Can you say this in English? (page 39)
Tell me about your plans for tonight. (Write at least one)
Tell me about your plans for next year. (Write at least one)
Make three future predictions about Rosario. Write them down.
Make three promises about your English. Write them down.
Ex b Re-order the words to make questions.
I would like you to do the exercises and send them to me by mail.(as an attachement in a word doc, so that I can edit it easily) I’ll correct them and send you feedback. Mind you, you should send them to me before July 9th, because then I won’t be in Rosario.
If you have any questions, please email me. Write in English, don’t worry about mistakes, just try. This will give you really good practice.
Please, keep visiting the blog because I will be publishing different kinds of assignments (some of them will count as homework).